- Safety Razor (Rose Gold, Charcoal or Mint)
- 10 x Double Edged Razor Blades - giving around 80 shaves (approx. 5-8 shaves per blade)
- Organic Cotton Storage Bag
Note: The blades are placed in one of the ends of the insert inside the box. This could be either the top or bottom. Please fully remove the contents of the box.
Why we love it
- Safety Razor: Made from zinc alloy and brass, this razor is completely plastic-free and fully recyclable (including the blades!). Our safety razors have one single blade rather than 3 or 5, allowing for a more gentle shave helping to prevent shaving rash, razor burn and ingrown hairs. This zero-waste razor lasts a lifetime and replacement blades are a fraction of the cost of plastic cartridge refills at ~70c a blade.
- Organic Cotton Storage Bag: Made from natural cotton, this is the best place to store your razor to avoid any unwanted scratches while digging in your toiletries bag.
How to use razor
- Prepare the skin as you usually would. Getting set for a safety razor shave is no different to prepping for a cartridge shave.
- Maintain a 30-45 degree, using only the weight of the razor. Unlike cartridge shaves, no pressure is needed for a close shave as the weighted handle of this razor gives you all the force that you need.
- Shave with the grain, not against. This is an important step to reduce the likelihood of ingrown hairs and ensure a smooth, clean shave.
- Use short strokes. Rather than one long stroke from ankle to knee, use multiple short strokes rinsing in between. Do your best not to re-shave an area of skin, as this is the easiest way to avoid irritation.
- Rinse with cold water to close pores. Apply any clothing lotion or balms that you usually would.
Looking after your safety razor
By following a couple of simple steps you can ensure that your safety razor sticks with you through thick and thin (*no hair pun intended).
- Post shave, gently open the razor head, remove blade and rinse both the razor and blade.
- Completely dry the razor and blade and store in a dry place (not the shower or bathtub)
NB: The colouring comes from electroplating meaning this is not surface level so will not wear away.