- Safety Razor (Rose Gold, Charcoal or Mint)
- 10 x Double Edged Razor Blades (giving around 80 shaves (approx. 5-8 shaves per blade)
- Shave Bar (Peppermint Choc, Native Lemon Myrtle or Lavender Love)
Note: The blades are placed in one of the ends of the insert inside the box. This could be either the top or bottom. Please fully remove the contents of the box.
Why we love it:
- Safety Razor: Made from zinc alloy and brass, this razor is completely plastic-free and fully recyclable (including the blades!). Our safety razors have one single blade rather than 3 or 5, allowing for a more gentle shave helping to prevent shaving rash, razor burn and ingrown hairs. This zero-waste razor lasts a lifetime and replacement blades are a fraction of the cost of plastic cartridge refills at ~70c a blade.
- Shave Bar: The ingredients in each of our shave bars have been carefully selected to guarantee you a smooth, gentle and delicious shave whilst providing you with best healing properties. All of our shave bars are vegan, cruelty free, palm oil free, 100% natural, contain no chemicals or nasties and are made in Australia. And they smell unreal! Ingredients below.
Are you a lover of choc-mint? If you are, this bar will make all your dreams come true. A fresh peppermint scent with a hint of chocolate makes this bar so irresistible you might even want to take a bite.
Ingredients: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Shea Butter, Peppermint Essential Oil, Peppermint Leaves, Green Clay, Cocoa Powder
Native Lemon Myrtle
This bar will fill your bathroom with a delightful scent of fresh citrus. The combination of lemon, lemongrass and lime ensure you will finish your routine feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. The inclusion of lemon myrtle, a plant native only to Australia, provides excellent antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Ingredients: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Shea Butter, Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil, Colour
Sit back, relax, and breathe in the calm of lavender, rosemary, peppermint and mandarin. Give your skin a luxurious experience with yellow clay, helping to nourish and hydrate all skin types.
Ingredients: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Shea Butter, Essential Oils Peppermint, Mandarin, Lavender & Rosemary, Yellow Clay
How to use razor
- Prepare the skin as you usually would. Getting set for a safety razor shave is no different to prepping for a cartridge shave.
- Maintain a 30-45 degree, using only the weight of the razor. Unlike cartridge shaves, no pressure is needed for a close shave as the weighted handle of this razor gives you all the force that you need.
- Shave with the grain, not against. This is an important step to reduce the likelihood of ingrown hairs and ensure a smooth, clean shave.
- Use short strokes. Rather than one long stroke from ankle to knee, use multiple short strokes rinsing in between. Do your best not to re-shave an area of skin, as this is the easiest way to avoid irritation.
- Rinse with cold water to close pores. Apply any clothing lotion or balms that you usually would. Post shave routines
Looking after your safety razor
By following a couple of simple steps you can ensure that your safety razor sticks with you through thick and thin (*no hair pun intended).
- Post shave, gently open the razor head, remove blade and rinse both the razor and blade.
- Completely dry the razor and blade and store in a dry place (not the shower or bathtub)
NB: The colouring comes from electroplating meaning this is not surface level so will not wear away.
I was a little scared to make the switch and was slightly nervous for my first shave. I don't know why because it was so so easy and there really was no reason to be scared! The shave bar helped the razor glide so smoothly and it also smelt great. My legs feel amazing! And no cuts! Thank you thank you