Everything you need for a zero waste shave
**If you are buying this Shave Kit as a gift and would like it in a gift box, please order here. We will even write a customised note for you, just enter your message at checkout.
Why we love it:
- Safety Razor: Made from zinc alloy and brass, this razor is completely plastic-free and fully recyclable (including the blades!). Our safety razors have one single blade rather than 3 or 5, allowing for a more gentle shave helping to prevent shaving rash, razor burn and ingrown hairs. This zero-waste razor lasts a lifetime and replacement blades are a fraction of the cost of plastic cartridge refills at ~70c a blade.
- Shave Bar: The ingredients in each of our shave bars have been carefully selected to guarantee you a smooth, gentle and delicious shave whilst providing you with best healing properties. All of our shave bars are vegan, cruelty free, palm oil free, 100% natural, contain no chemicals or nasties and are made in Australia. And they smell unreal! Ingredients below.
- Organic Cotton Storage Bag: Made from natural cotton, this is the best place to store your razor to avoid any unwanted scratches while digging in your toiletries bag.
- 1 x Safety Razor (Rose Gold, Charcoal or Mint)
- 10 x Double Edged Razor Blades - (giving around 80 shaves (approx. 5-8 shaves per blade)
- 1 x Shave Bar (Peppermint Choc, Native Lemon Myrtle or Lavender Love)
- 1 x Organic Cotton Storage Bag
Note: The blades are placed in one of the ends of the insert inside the box. This could be either the top or bottom. Please fully remove the contents of the box.
Are you a lover of choc-mint? If you are, this bar will make all your dreams come true. A fresh peppermint scent with a hint of chocolate makes this bar so irresistible you might even want to take a bite.
Ingredients: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Shea Butter, Peppermint Essential Oil, Peppermint Leaves, Green Clay, Cocoa Powder
Native Lemon Myrtle
This bar will fill your bathroom with a delightful scent of fresh citrus. The combination of lemon, lemongrass and lime ensure you will finish your routine feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. The inclusion of lemon myrtle, a plant native only to Australia, provides excellent antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Ingredients: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Shea Butter, Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil, Colour
Sit back, relax, and breathe in the calm of lavender, rosemary, peppermint and mandarin. Give your skin a luxurious experience with yellow clay, helping to nourish and hydrate all skin types.
Ingredients: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Shea Butter, Essential Oils Peppermint, Mandarin, Lavender & Rosemary, Yellow Clay
How to use razor
Note: The following is for guidance only. Although we can provide guidance on how best to use, it is very much about finding a shaving style that suits you. Everybody is unique so what suits one person might not suit the next.
- Prepare the skin as you usually would. Getting set for a safety razor shave is no different to prepping for a cartridge shave, however we highly recommend using one of our shave bars or a pre-shave oil to help the razor glide.
- Maintain a 30-45 degree, using only the weight of the razor. Unlike cartridge shaves, not much pressure is needed for a close shave as the weighted handle of this razor gives you all the force that you need.
- The next step is personal preference, some people prefer to shave with the grain, some against the grain. For facial hair, the recommendation is to shave with the grain as this will reduce the likelihood of ingrown hairs.
- Use short strokes or long, whatever suits you. Do your best not to re-shave an area of skin, as this is the easiest way to avoid irritation.
- Rinse with cold water to close pores. Apply any soothing lotion or balms that you usually would.
Looking after your safety razor
By following a couple of simple steps you can ensure that your safety razor sticks with you through thick and thin (*no hair pun intended).
- Post shave, gently open the razor head, remove blade and rinse both the razor and blade.
- Completely dry the razor and blade and store in a dry place (not the shower or bathtub)
NB: The colouring comes from electroplating meaning this is not surface level so will not wear away.
I am extremely impressed with the quality and design of the razor and how quickly it arrived! I must admit, at first it was a little daunting (I've never used a razor like this before) but wow!!! I'm so happy I made the change from using plastic for so many reasons. You can really feel and see the quality in this razor, it's like no other. It's easy to assemble and use, AND it gives such a close shave that I don't feel the need to shave every single day, unlike I did with other razors. Not only that, especially in those areas where it can be a little scary to shave.....no in grown hairs and no cuts! I'm in awe!! I love that I'm doing my part for the environment and ditching the plastic. The packaging is just beautiful, the organic cotton bag is gorgeous and perfect for storing my razor and extra blades in between shaves and the lavender love bar.......it is divine!! Now just have to get my hubby one ;)
I have been slowly substituting the plastic in my life with more sustainable choices and two weeks ago bought the charcoal (razor) and pepper-mint (shave-bar) combo rather hesitantly. Hesitant because online purchases can fall below expectations. Additionally, I am on blood thinners and was scared at the prospect of cutting myself with a strong blade. I went ahead anyway - the delivery was quick, the box was packaged thoughtfully and sustainably and the actual shave, oh boy was so soft. I have no idea what I was so afraid of. The peppermint choc bar is the icing on the cake. I will admit that shaving my arms has never felt indulgent and guilt-free at the same time. The brown-paper note that confirms that a tree has been planted is an additional feel-good factor, of course. If you are considering this purchase, go ahead. I can guarantee a great experience.
Must buy and try! I love the shave balm. I'm very grateful for the safety razor design, which to date has left no nicks or scratches. Very easy to follow instructions. Safe and comfortable to use. Beautifully aesthetic. Leaves a soft smooth delicate finish.
I was a little sceptical and scared of the prospect of loading actual razors to use on my skin, but holy moly. This is one of the best self-care purchases I have ever made and I won't be looking back. The lavender bar is delectable and I love the rose gold ♥
When it first arrived it felt heavier in the hand than I was expecting, and full disclosure the first time I nicked myself shaving for the first time in over a decade, but now it just feels comfortable, it delivers a nice smooth finish and the soap, I ordered the Lemon Myrtle, is divine. Do yourself and the world a favor. DO IT!