Everything you need for a zero waste shave
**If you are buying this Shave Kit as a gift and would like it in a gift box, please order here. We will even write a customised note for you, just enter your message at checkout.
Why we love it:
- Safety Razor: Made from zinc alloy and brass, this razor is completely plastic-free and fully recyclable (including the blades!). Our safety razors have one single blade rather than 3 or 5, allowing for a more gentle shave helping to prevent shaving rash, razor burn and ingrown hairs. This zero-waste razor lasts a lifetime and replacement blades are a fraction of the cost of plastic cartridge refills at ~70c a blade.
- Shave Bar: The ingredients in each of our shave bars have been carefully selected to guarantee you a smooth, gentle and delicious shave whilst providing you with best healing properties. All of our shave bars are vegan, cruelty free, palm oil free, 100% natural, contain no chemicals or nasties and are made in Australia. And they smell unreal! Ingredients below.
- Organic Cotton Storage Bag: Made from natural cotton, this is the best place to store your razor to avoid any unwanted scratches while digging in your toiletries bag.
- 1 x Safety Razor (Rose Gold, Charcoal or Mint)
- 10 x Double Edged Razor Blades - (giving around 80 shaves, approx. 5-8 shaves per blade)
- 1 x Shave Bar (Peppermint Choc, Native Lemon Myrtle or Lavender Love)
- 1 x Organic Cotton Storage Bag
Note: The blades are placed in one of the ends of the insert inside the box. This could be either the top or bottom. Please fully remove the contents of the box.
Are you a lover of choc-mint? If you are, this bar will make all your dreams come true. A fresh peppermint scent with a hint of chocolate makes this bar so irresistible you might even want to take a bite.
Ingredients: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Shea Butter, Peppermint Essential Oil, Peppermint Leaves, Green Clay, Cocoa Powder
Native Lemon Myrtle
This bar will fill your bathroom with a delightful scent of fresh citrus. The combination of lemon, lemongrass and lime ensure you will finish your routine feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. The inclusion of lemon myrtle, a plant native only to Australia, provides excellent antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Ingredients: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Shea Butter, Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil, Colour
Sit back, relax, and breathe in the calm of lavender, rosemary, peppermint and mandarin. Give your skin a luxurious experience with yellow clay, helping to nourish and hydrate all skin types.
Ingredients: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Shea Butter, Essential Oils Peppermint, Mandarin, Lavender & Rosemary, Yellow Clay
How to use razor
Note: The following is for guidance only. Although we can provide guidance on how best to use, it is very much about finding a shaving style that suits you. Everybody is unique so what suits one person might not suit the next.
- Prepare the skin as you usually would. Getting set for a safety razor shave is no different to prepping for a cartridge shave, however we highly recommend using one of our shave bars or a pre-shave oil to help the razor glide.
- Maintain a 30-45 degree, using only the weight of the razor. Unlike cartridge shaves, not much pressure is needed for a close shave as the weighted handle of this razor gives you all the force that you need.
- The next step is personal preference, some people prefer to shave with the grain, some against the grain. For facial hair, the recommendation is to shave with the grain as this will reduce the likelihood of ingrown hairs.
- Use short strokes or long, whatever suits you. Do your best not to re-shave an area of skin, as this is the easiest way to avoid irritation.
- Rinse with cold water to close pores. Apply any soothing lotion or balms that you usually would.
Looking after your safety razor
By following a couple of simple steps you can ensure that your safety razor sticks with you through thick and thin (*no hair pun intended).
- Post shave, gently open the razor head, remove blade and rinse both the razor and blade.
- Completely dry the razor and blade and store in a dry place (not the shower or bathtub)
So far, so impressed
Easy to assemble, works well, heavy handle and NO plastic whatsoever.
The shaver is amazing, close shave with no irritation. The shave bar leaves the skin moisturised and smells amazing. Highly recommended!
So much better than the plastic ones and a far better result :) I’m buying one for my boyfriend who also loved it.
The closest shave I have ever had!! I love my new razor!
Today I received my rose gold razor with the lavender love shave bar. I'm so happy that I got it. This is the closest shave I have ever had!! I wish made the switch a lot sooner than what I did. If you're a bit reluctant to take the plunge and switch there is no better time to do it than now. I love my new razor!!
So happy I made the switch!!
I initially bought this product to move towards a greener lifestyle, although I will admit I was nervous about using the safety razor. The kit arrived quickly and when I opened the package I was greeted by the delicious smell of the lavender love bar and gorgeous eco-packaging. The safety razor was easy to put together, and has a great feel and quality. Then I used the razor... and I was absolutely blown away!!! It was the best shave ever! My skin feels amazing and so do I. If you haven't yet made the switch, do yourself a favour!